Friday, January 13, 2012

SMS: Life in 160 characters

Some time ago, we have already written a contribution to the overall mobile phone use at this point. Now I would like to put current reason: recently my 70 father has a Smartphone and since then regularly sends me SMS - in joyful expectation of a response. This has made me again once aware that me with Twitter & co.  the SMS extremely grown fond and important function on the mobile phone is.

As the memory came up with me at that time ten years ago, when I wanted to still thanking fall on the knees because a friend at a party showed me the first time T9. You know: the function with which you had to type 7,2,7,8 and 9 for the word "Party" only ever once the numbers. Then, as you on for hours on Web pages with SMS prints on the move was…

But where did the SMS actually?
With this in mind I have investigated in the network of the SMS system and its past: the name is an acronym for short message service and described only the service itself. Very soon it was called also the text messages simply "SMS" - that flowed in the German vocabulary with a and now "simst" you even with the official blessing of Duden.

What does a SMS cost?
There were times, as an SMS cost still 39 cents. Fortunately, that belongs to the past. Today, you pay no more than 19 cents per SMS, this is true for our competitors and also for us.  Should you communicate mainly using short messages with your environment, like my father currently it has to do worth our SMS AllNet flat for 10 euro. She pay off is if you send more than a text message on the day. So, who surprised that my father proud every further sent his SMS.

SMS abroad
So can indulge in the Mr Papa his new hobby abroad, he has made are now plus the BASE travel advantage, to send us SMS dearest holiday greetings. This partial hourly messages about the weather can be, accurate information on the arrangements of deck chairs and of course detailed information about the culinary delights of the South. I seriously considering whether I a einreiche my own SMS vacation with him. . ;-) .

SMS information services: speaking Urlaub…
What my father but definitely not know yet, services that inform one about all kinds of interesting facts about congestion news, the football, formula 1 results are SMS-Info. May I give him this information to the birthday :-) .
What info services there are, what they can and they are as expensive - we introduce once again that in a later post in detail.

And what do you the message of 160 characters? Like to used or obsolete long ago through email and instant messaging? What messages are your opinion like gesimst?

Has mobile freedom smartphones - how changed our lives?With the prepaid card from the holidays! -Our tips before travel start mobile surfing abroad: data-roaming-limit protects against high cost

No comments:

Post a Comment