Friday, February 10, 2012

The post in your Pocket - possible with the post mobile app

At breakfast on Monday morning, before work, I needed a stamp, but had no more. When the coffee went through, I reminded me of an app's post, which you could probably order stamps via their mobile phones. With the Cup in the left and the mobile phone in the right hand, I looked around me so app store in Apple's iTunes and found mobile post.

As the post itself, also their mobile phone application performs several functions. It is equally price guaranteed, package and mail Tracker, Filialen-and drop box Finder and - that was me - a postage stamp dispenser. In the App menu, I chose "Postage for a standard letter (up to 20 g)" and it opened a prepared SMS to the number of 22122 with the word "Letter" as content. I typed in "Sending" and got some seconds following answer:

CELLPHONE postage for a standard letter:

0203

6529

9229

Please write the numbers as shown, rather than the stamp & from the post. Their Deutsche Post.

Said, done. I also wrote the string on the letter and threw it on the way to work in the next mailbox. But what really then that? Can the post read my curved handwriting?

Of the manuscript to the barcode
I've researched something later, and found out that my numbers on the letter be read first not by a computer, but by a post employee. He then transforms the code into a bar code, stick it on my numbers and the letter is then machine readable on another trip.

By camera compass radar to the mailbox
In the iPhone version of post mobile there is a very great feature titled "Radar" by the way. It uses the built-in camera of the phone, the current GPS location, and the built-in compass from the iPhone to display mailboxes, post offices and packing stations in the area. This one simply moves the mobile phone in the direction of travel - and it sees just how far one must still go or run. The post radar guides on request also via Google maps to the next post - and offers this even more the option "Today still open?".

A mobile postal code is this
The additional costs keep for rare emergencies within limits, because by the additional processing time, postage for a letter to a German address about 95 cents for a postcard costs 85 cents - plus the request SMS to Telekom. More than three million German philatelists can be reassured by the way, because by the additional costs, the classic stamp still remains the best way to send letters or postcards.

I could my letter on this day in time out, so the question to you: in what situations have you used the mail app like, for example from time pressure or in a foreign city?

More traffic safety by augmented reality: Wikitude drive makes ´s MöglichAusblick: will it be possible in the future using his smart phone to pay?E-plus Chief Thorsten Dirks in the interview of the Rheinische post

No comments:

Post a Comment